Suberic acid is also called the Octanedioic acid which has the chemical formula C8H14O4. It is a colorless dicarboxylic acid which is in crystalline solid form which is brought in for drug synthesis and also for manufacturing plastic. Derived from the word Suber, a Latin word, means cork, therefore, it is also named as cork acid. This has some exceptional chemical properties and this chemical is highly sought-after by numerous industries. The extensive use of this acid lies in many organic syntheses and also on the Pharmaceutical intermediary. This acid is widely used in different industries for different purposes due to its amazing properties.
This acid has a density of 1.272g/cm3. The molar mass of this acid is 174.20 gm. This acid has a melting point which is 143 °C. The boiling point of this acid is 230°C. The acid is sparingly soluble in water and near about 2.46 g/L and it is stable under normal conditions.
Usually, this acid is used in the preparation of reduction-sensitive micelles which has an effect on the cellular uptake. Along with that, it is also applied in the synthesis of drugs. It is also used in the detection of fluorescent detection of the Amidinium-Carboxylate and also in the making of Amidinium.
What Are The Applications Of This Acid?
This acid has several different applications. Some of them are as below. Read through to know more:
• Biodegradable and lubricants solvents
• Plasticizers for the polymers
• Hydraulic fluids
• Engineering plastics
• Painting materials
• Pharmaceutical and perfumery
• Epoxy curing agent
Things That You Should Follow
The dicarboxylic and carboxylic acid are two different carboxylic acids that are present in it. Due to its amazing properties, it can be used in several industries for different purposes. You should store it in a dry and cool place away from the sunlight. But along with its different advantages, this acid can sometimes cause harm to your skin. It can also irritate your eye along with soon irritation. It is also prone to cause respiratory problems which is why it is advised to stay away from the vapour, dust, had or fumes of it.
But to maintain the need for this acid in the market, there are some essential points that the Suberic Acid Chemical Manufacturers, Suppliers in Thane, and all over the world should practice.
• While manufacturing it one should know how to use the advanced technology and should use only the top class raw material.
• The process of production should be looked after professionals who are well equipped and have vast knowledge in processing and efficiently handling the orders.
• The industry standards should be mentioned
• Also, they should make sure that they provide timely delivery to people who urgently need it.
• They should also look forward to fulfilling all the requirements of the clients.
• The products covered should be of competitive price
Therefore, the Suberic acid chemical can be used in several industries for its properties but it should be stored and handled with extreme care.