Suberic acid is a name that is fast becoming well-known in the present scenario. The acid is a crystalline solid that does not have any color. It is christened as per the Latin term – suber that means cork. The acid is also known by the name of octanedioicacid, a chemical that has shot to fame owing to its chemical properties that are exceptional. The other names by which suberic acid is known are cork acid and 1.8 dioic acid. With a boiling point of 230 degrees C and a melting point of 143 degrees C, the acid is slightly soluble in water. In addition, it is stable under normal conditions.
Uses of Suberic Acid
• This chemical is immensely used in pharmaceutical intermediate as well as organic synthesis
• It is specifically used in the manufacturing of plastics and synthesis of drugs.
• The acid comprises of two carboxylic acids - carboxylic acid and the dicarboxylic acid. It is mostly used in industrial applications.
Applications of Suberic Acid
In the following fields, application of Suberic Acid is instrumental –
• Hydraulic fluids
• Polyamide and aloud resins
• Plasticizers for polymers
• Engineering plastics
• Epoxy curing agent
• Lubricants and biodegradable solvents
• Perfumery and pharmaceutical
• Painting materials
Business Approaches for Suberic Acid
Business approaches that are mentioned below should be implemented for suberic acid -
• To gain a huge customer network, suppliers of suberic acid should offer the chemical at pocket-friendly rates.
• Suberic acid suppliers are required to be equipped well with extensive marketing and great distribution network. By doing so, they stick to the norms set by the industry.
• A team of proficient personnel should assist the suppliers of suberic acid. These professionals should handle and process the orders promptly and with the utmost dexterity.
• The acid should be procured from the vendors of high repute, who are trusted in the market and utilize the best components and for production, use machinery that is advanced technologically.
• Capacity should be enough that suffices requirements both in bulk as well as those that are urgent, well in time. Thereby, maintain their reliability among customers.
Storage and Precautions
Suberic Acid is suggested to be stored in a cool and dry place that is far from sunlight, just like most acids. It should be kept away from the reach of children and must not come in direct contact with skin and eyes. It is suggested to avoid fume, vapor, gas, or dust of this acid as it might cause irritation of the respiratory tract.
In a nutshell, the extensive applicability of Suberic acid has resulted in a demand that is growing fast everywhere on earth.
This entry was posted on January, 23, 2020 at 12 : 33 pm and is filed under suberic acid chemical. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.