Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
Posted by Admin on October, 03, 2020
1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole: An organic compound that acts as a coupling or condensing agent for the synthesis of polyamides, modified polyolefin, and polypeptide
1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole (TCDI) is an organic compound found in a white crystalline solid form. The compound is thiourea containing two imidazole rings and is the sulfur analog of the peptide coupling reagent carbonyldiimidazole. It is basically used for coupling of amino acids for peptide synthesis and also used as an essential reagent in biochemical synthesis. The reagent is used for deoxygenation of alcohols with tributyltin hydride and diols with lithium aluminum hydride.
1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole (TCDI) is commercially available in the market but it can also be formulated via the reaction of thiophosgene with two equivalents of imidazole. On 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole, the imidazole group can be easily displaced making the compound act as a safer alternative to thiophosgene. This behavior of the compound is generally utilized in the Corey-Winter olefin synthesis. 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole also replace carbonothioyl species (RC(S) Cl) in the Barton–McCombie deoxygenation.
Applications of 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole are as follows: -
• Generally, 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole is used as a reagent to carry out the deoxygenation of vicinal diols by producing cyclic thionocarbonate in Corey-Winter alkene synthesis.
• The compound is used as a reagent in the enantioselective total synthesis of (+)-hapalindole Q, welwitindolinone A, and 12-epi-fischerindole U.
• The compound is also utilized in the formulation of xanthates, trithiocarbonates, and dithiocarbamates which are the chain transfer agents for the reversible addition fragmentation chain transfer and macromolecular design (RAFT/ MADIX) polymerization.
Properties of 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole are: -
• The melting point of 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole is 98-102 degree Celsius.
• The boiling point of 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole is 342 degree Celsius (Approximately).
• The density of 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole is 1.3046 (Approximately).
• The Refractive index of 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole is 1.5500.
• The Storage temperature of 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole is 2-8 degree Celsius.
• The compound is soluble in tetrahydrofuran, toluene, and dichloromethane.
• The compound is available in powder form and is yellow in color.
• The compound is stable but it is moisture and air sensitive.
• It is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents and strong acids.
For purchasing 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole, you need to trust on a reliable 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole manufacturer. In India, there are many companies that are instrumental in presenting excellent quality 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole for the clients. They provide this chemical compound at a very effective price and are well- capable to meet the customer’s requirement. The organizations deal with 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole ensure the secure delivery of the product on a stipulated time frame and make the product available with a customized packaging option. Additionally, they create a long-term relationship with customers.
The offered 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole is accurately formulated by using quality assured chemical compounds and salts. The compound is available as per the set industry standards and known for their effective usage in various biochemical syntheses. The chemical compound is strictly tested on several quality parameters by a competent team of professionals in order to ensure unmatched product quality. Owing to the rich features such as purity, compositional accuracy, effectiveness, and longer shelf life, the offered 1, 1'-Thiocarbonyldiimidazole is highly demanded in various chemical industries and pharmaceutical industries.